Sundance Institute supports bold, creative, independent art and artists.
Our spaces and events encourage the open exchange of ideas and perspectives with a freely flowing discourse anchored in mutual respect. Robust and inclusive debate is intrinsic to our community values and we encourage all festival goers to follow the golden rule: Treat others the way you want to be treated.
We hold steadfast in our commitment to freedom of creative expression while simultaneously lifting up anti-racist, anti-sexist, and anti-discriminationatory practices in all areas of the Sundance Insitute Community. We strive to protect community members from conduct that is inappropriate, disruptive, abusive, or threatening.
Therefore, we ask that everyone in the Sundance community—artists, audiences, volunteers, press, industry, staff, and beyond—does their part in creating an environment that is welcoming to all by committing to being:
- Inclusive and respectful of people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, age, physical appearance and body size, language spoken, and immigration or economic status
- Intentional with your words by abstaining from hate speech or actions of any kind, including the abuse of chat functions (ex. trolling)
- Mindful of the personal space and boundaries of others by avoiding unwelcome sexual attention, harassment, stalking, and inappropriate physical contact of any kind
- Respectful of moderators, artists, and audience members by refraining from sustained disruption of screenings, sessions, talks, or other events
- Conscious of the power you hold by not engaging in abuse or intimidation including that related to race, gender, position, or wealth,
- Considerate of the work of artists by refraining from phishing and pirating the work of Sundance filmmakers
- Vigilant in the fight against the spread of COVID-19 by abiding by Sundance Film Festival’s official health and wellness policies, including protocol around face coverings
If you experience or witness any inappropriate conduct, you can report it via one of the following methods and a member of the Safety & Belonging Team will respond as soon as possible, no later than 12 hours.
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Complete the name-optional conduct reporting form that can be found here
All incidents that violate our commitment to one another will be subject to an immediate and equitable review process.